MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Hatch Shader: How To Have Lines Buzz/redraw

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
jay inglesHatch Shader: How To Have Lines Buzz/redraw
by on Aug 9, 2012 at 4:46:19 pm

I'm using the Hatch Shader to simulate a sketched drawing look and have simplified the scene for the sake of this post.

Any suggestions on how to achieve a subtly buzzing/moving line similar to if the images were drawn in stop motion (and redrawn every frame)? I'm not looking for anything extreme or complete redraws so it may be a trick like an expresion to shift line offset every frame. (or hopefully simpler)

My problems with the current animation is that it just appears to be an overlayed texture and has no life/animation.

An extreme reference to what i'm looking to accomplish is this:

Look forward to hear your thoughts!

Hatching Shader

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Hatch Shader: How To Have Lines Buzz/redraw
by on Aug 10, 2012 at 3:26:05 am

The easiest way to do it, IMO, would be to animate a few of the variation parameters in the sketch material. You might also want to use UV mapping instead of frontal so it doesn't look like the object is moving through the texture, but maybe that's what you're going for.

Return to posts index

jay inglesRe: Hatch Shader: How To Have Lines Buzz/redraw
by on Aug 10, 2012 at 1:27:19 pm

Thanks adam. Yah, i agree. I was hoping there may be an easier more global solution.

Agree about the UVW...tho like the frontal projection since all the brush strokes remain the same size from the front of scene to the back (same as a real world brush would be on a canvas).

I'm was hoping if the brush strokes were changing to appear like different seed values that it might be a bit more of a sell on the frontal projection. Thoughts?

Thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved