MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Dynamics

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lucas Lex
Dynamics
on Aug 7, 2012 at 6:04:42 pm

Hi there,

I don't know who could help me with a problem I have. I have created a basic setup with 2 objects colliding (Viruses), every object is composed of a sphere and tentacles cloned onto the surface of the sphere.

My problem is when I make the objects collide I have the tentacles that overlap. I can't find the correct dynamic setup for the tentacles. If I apply the tag to the children at top level it doesn't work. Anyone has an idea how I can get the collision right?

Cheers

Lucas

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Dynamics
on Aug 8, 2012 at 3:35:02 am

assuming you have the dynamics tags set to Moving Mesh it's likely a matter of margins and the project's Dynamics settings - that's if you are not doing something that dynamics wasn't really built for. Can't tell without seeing it really. Can you post a simple version?

Return to posts index

Lucas Lex
on Aug 8, 2012 at 8:51:38 am

4507_virus04badasspnecollision03nokeys.c4d.zip

here you go I hope I uploaded the file correctly =).

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Aug 8, 2012 at 3:09:17 pm

I had to kill the cache (maybe it was made before the tentacles were attached?)
Turned off SoftBody, set Collision/Inherit Tag to Compound Shape, since it's a bunch of pieces not one modelled object, with Shape still Moving Mesh. It seems to work as I would expect, the viruses deflect off each other and don't deform.

4509_virus.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Lucas Lex
on Aug 8, 2012 at 4:22:31 pm

Thank you very much. Can you maybe give me some advices with dynamics ? I'm always fighting with them -.-

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]