MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

[noob] Align Clone spline problem

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sergio juyak[noob] Align Clone spline problem
by on Aug 3, 2012 at 10:53:26 pm

I'd like to have an object fly in a little spiral and then 'land' perfectly upright. I've cloned my object onto a spline, I check "align clone" and everything works fine except that when the object reaches the end of the spline, it's tilted slightly. So i tried cloning a null, and then parenting my object to that null to cancel out the rotations, but it doesn't work. Nor can I do it mathematically/manually because I have no way of determining what the orientation the clone is when it's on the spline (everything says it's 0,0,0). How can I have my object reach the end of the spline and be perfectly upright? I can manually rotate the object inside the null to get it kinda close, but this is very clumsy and I need it to be perfectly vertical.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: [noob] Align Clone spline problem
by on Aug 3, 2012 at 11:14:59 pm

You'll want to duplicate your spline, raise it up a bit in Y, and then use it as a rail spline (drag it into the rail box in the cloner). Or it may be easier to control if you use a spline effector instead of cloning directly onto the spline (you'll still use the rail).

Return to posts index

sergio juyakRe: [noob] Align Clone spline problem
by on Aug 5, 2012 at 1:59:50 am

Adam, the rail spline saved me! thanks!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved