MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Fracture Object explode segments & connect problem with material

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Travis Dale
Fracture Object explode segments & connect problem with material
on Aug 3, 2012 at 5:54:52 pm

I'm still pretty new to C4D and I am having a problem with the Fracture Object. Here's my dilema: The animation I am creating is having letters in a sentence rotate 90 degrees, simple enough with a Plain Effector, but I can't use Mograph Text because the kerning is all over the place with the font I am using. So instead I have Extrude Nurbs on an illustrator file and then applying a Fracture Object with the explode segments & connect applied. I have 2 different materials on the letter forms, 1 on the bevel and side of each letter and 1 on the face of the letters, however once I select explode segments & connect it only applies the front material on the first letter and has all the other letters the material for the bevel and side. Does anyone know the reason for this and how to fix it? Thanks!

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Fracture Object explode segments & connect problem with material
on Aug 4, 2012 at 6:50:40 pm

Set the Fracture to Explode and Connect, don't use the Plain effector in the Fracture - use it as a Deformer set to Object and with Falloff set to linear then pass the plain effector through the text

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Fracture Object explode segments & connect problem with material
on Aug 4, 2012 at 7:03:17 pm

oh yeah, there's another possibility - there is a Kerning Effector here http://www.mediaboxstudios.com/labs/kerning-effector.html which might have enough power for you.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]