MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

100%Noob: per part scaling

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Eric Chard
100%Noob: per part scaling
on Aug 2, 2012 at 11:08:14 pm

TOTAL NOOB Q:

I'm following a beginning tutorial on C4D and have created an object like a wagon wheel, with a sphere at the ctr and spheres at the ends of the spokes.

When I mess w/the scaling, each contiguous mesh part scales separately, but when I switch to Rotate, the entire mesh rotates as one piece.

What's up with that? Seems a little inconsistent.

++++++++++++++++
"Putting the HARM in 'harmonica' since 2005."
++++++++++++++++

Return to posts index

Darby Edelen
Re: 100%Noob: per part scaling
on Aug 3, 2012 at 1:56:10 am

Sounds like you may have Per-Object Manipulation enabled in your transform tools.

Are some of the spheres children of another sphere you're rotating? That may cause the unexpected behavior in this case.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Jason Stirret
on Aug 3, 2012 at 2:39:49 am

Do you have a parent object or are you selecting all of the objects together and scaling. In your scale menu (attributes) you'll see a few settings under modeling axis-axis (drop-downs) I haven't seen your model so its hard to tell from here but sounds like you need to change a few settings. One thing you can do is make a parent object (like a null object or the center of the wagon wheel. Make the other parts children to that object. Then under you scaling menu set to selected (make sure you have your center object or null selected).

J

Return to posts index

Eric Chard
on Aug 8, 2012 at 1:33:21 am

Thanks for your help fellas: I'll try to find those switches.

++++++++++++++++
"Putting the HARM in 'harmonica' since 2005."
++++++++++++++++

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]