MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Align to Spline with an animated Fish character

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Lucas LexAlign to Spline with an animated Fish character
by on Jul 28, 2012 at 12:36:39 pm

Hi there,

I'm having difficulties with an animted fish I have done. I bought a rigged fish from turbosquid and then set bone movements in place. I have a good fish movement but now comes the glitch. I want to attached the fish to a spline so that it follows the spline and moves on it correctly.
My first problem is that even if I have the object centered correctly, as soon as I attach it to the spline and use tangetial, the fish is starting to rotate in all directions. I then tried auto-keyframing every rotation on the spline but I got tricked into having problems and having to turn my fish over almost everyframe where the spline turned.
My second problem is that the fish stops moving, like there is a hierarchy of the spline tag over the fish movement.

My question is: How can I make the fish keep it's initial movement (fish tail etc.) and make it follow the spline? Then also how to avoid having to keyframe all the rotations?

Thanks for the help.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Align to Spline with an animated Fish character
by on Jul 31, 2012 at 3:44:13 am

I don't know for sure but in 13 you can make a walk cycle walk down a spline perhaps that would help here. Brian Horgan did some walk tutes that might give enough information

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved