MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Grass problem ("hair")

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason StirretGrass problem ("hair")
by on Jul 26, 2012 at 4:18:36 am

I have tried everything I can think of off hand to resolve this but to no end. Does anyone know why hair tends (this is not the only picture that I've run into this) to show different colors. The plain used to host the grass shows. The material used for hair is not using transparency.

Thai is driving me nuts!

Thanks to anyone who knows anything about this...

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Grass problem ("hair")
by on Jul 26, 2012 at 9:18:26 pm

Not sure; can you post a scene file?

Return to posts index

Jason StirretRe: Grass problem ("hair")
by on Jul 26, 2012 at 11:43:10 pm

Here is the C4D file, I striped it down to the bare minimum but all the settings should be there. I did a test render to make sure that it is still doing that two color thing, and it is. Please let me know what you think.

When I'm testing I usually have the render settings turned down to smoothing and AA for hair render tab set to none. But I left the file as where I would do a fairly accurate test render. It takes me about 5minutes to render out with these settings. What I'm saying is I appreciate your effort and patience with this. I think this problem has plagued me for a few years now and I still have no solution.

I hope there are no problems with the link it's been awhile since I've posted a project!

Return to posts index

Jason StirretRe: Grass problem ("hair")
by on Jul 26, 2012 at 11:50:19 pm

Its funny but once again I solved the problem but for this picture only. I just mapped an alpha channel to the portion of the grass parent (the plane) that was giving me the problem. However, I'm still not entirely happy with the I guess its not a real solution!

So Adam, if your reading this, I have usually found solutions to most of my problems with either your advice, the manual, a few others, blind luck, or intuitive experimenting. This one has me stumped and I'm determined to find the answer one way or the other, anything you can find or suggest is greatly appreciated!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved