MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Tile Floor texturing

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Richard QuinnTile Floor texturing
by on Jul 23, 2012 at 1:17:29 pm

Hi,

I am creating a tiled floor that animates the tiles being laid on the floor.

I am currently using mograph with a step effector so I do not have to keyframe every tile individually.

My problem is the tiles need to be different colours to make up a pattern.

Is there anyone of doing this whilst still using mograph?

Here is the project file and an example of the pattern I am trying to achieve:

4429_tilefloor.zip

Any help of how I could achieve this would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

Rich

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: Tile Floor texturing
by on Jul 23, 2012 at 10:02:11 pm

You should be able to use a Shader effector to drive a material with the Mograph > Color shader applied to a cloner object set to Grid Array (this is a different set up than what you're currently using).

This will give each of the tiles a solid color based on the average color value sampled by the Shader effector. The texture you provided with your project would have to be altered in order to work for this purpose (there are white sections in the JPEG that may cause the sampling to go a bit nutty).

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Tile Floor texturing
by on Jul 23, 2012 at 10:39:37 pm

If I'm understanding the question correctly that would probably overkill. He can just place all the cloner groups in a null, load the texture pattern jpeg in a material, and then place the material on the null. Set the projection to flat mapping and use the texture axis tool to rotate and scale it into position.

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: Tile Floor texturing
by on Jul 23, 2012 at 11:50:29 pm

[Adam Trachtenberg] "He can just place all the cloner groups in a null, load the texture pattern jpeg in a material, and then place the material on the null. Set the projection to flat mapping and use the texture axis tool to rotate and scale it into position."

Personal preference I suppose. Either way the positioning of the projection is a bit of a PITA but I prefer the uniform coloring that the Shader effector provides as well as the additional flexibility of allowing for movement along any axis if the need should arise.

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Richard QuinnRe: Tile Floor texturing
by on Jul 24, 2012 at 12:00:55 pm

Thanks Adam and Darby,

I used the flat material projection on the null in the end. It worked well and I couldn't quite work out the way how to do it with a shader effector.

thanks as always.

Rich

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]