MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Inheritance Effector, Transforming Blob into a Text

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Kimberly Jane Evangelista
Inheritance Effector, Transforming Blob into a Text
on Jul 19, 2012 at 12:11:49 pm

Hey guys,

So I'm working on a project right now and I'm pretty new to C4D. I've managed to feed my brain from tutorials I've been watching although I'm at a point of exploding :(

I have a file with Matrices which is generating Thinking Particles, Random Effectors for some turbulence and noise and Pwind to assist this as well then I placed a Sphere which is under a Cloner and a Metal for the 'Blobby' effect. Although I've come to a point where I need all this blob as it explodes needs to transform into a text eventually.

I've tried the inheritance effector but it's not doing the job. The text file is an imported AI file. I placed an Extrude Nurb to add more 3D aspects into it.

I hope you guys can help me out somehow. Thank you for your time.

Kim

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Inheritance Effector, Transforming Blob into a Text
on Jul 19, 2012 at 8:37:23 pm

it can be used like you want, morphing from one shape to another, but only if you are morphing from one cloner to another cloner. So you'd need to set up a cloner on your text so the end result is like you want then use that as the 'Object' in your Inheritance effector and make sure Morph Motion Object is checked. Then hide the 'target' text cloner... it helps a lot to have the number of clones in each be close to the same.

Return to posts index

Kim Evangelista
on Jul 20, 2012 at 10:34:39 am

Thank you so much for the reply!

I did what you said, but why is it that when I try it out, the blob doesn't morph into the text but it morphs back into a sphere on the same spot where the text is?

Does the text need to be a polygon or something?

Return to posts index

Kim Evangelista
on Jul 20, 2012 at 3:47:20 pm

I have resolve the Inheritance Effector issue! Thank you!

Although.. my problem is now that..

The Inheritance effector only morphs as particle cubes? So basically I lost all of my textures, etc? :(

Is there anyway I can retain all this and still have work using the Inheritance Effector?

Thanks for your time.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Jul 20, 2012 at 4:42:45 pm

it morphs clones of one single cloner to another cloner's shape (could be Linear, Grid, Object - doesn't matter) so you are always going to be using the original clones from the first cloner.
So, you have to deal with the material on the clones - you can change the material by keyframing the Texture tag on the clones.

There's a color change on the clones at the end of this example.

4419_inheritancemorphtest.c4d.zip

it uses a poly with a single vertex as the clone since that's the most efficient/quickest thing to use with a Metaball so the material is on the metaball not the cloner itself

Return to posts index

Kim Evangelista
on Jul 22, 2012 at 9:16:01 pm

Hey Brian,

Thank you again for the reply, I'ved tried keyframing the texture tag.
So I placed the texture tag on the cloner, but it textured the particle cubes I was talking about.

If you can see the white blob on this picture, I want that where the cubed particles are.

Thanks again!

Return to posts index

Kim Evangelista
on Jul 23, 2012 at 2:14:11 pm

Also I think if you look at my set-up, the particles are generated because my Cloner Object holds a cube with a 5cm for the XYZ (For both the starting shape and the end text that I want to morph).

This Cloner Object is then set to 'Object' to hold the Metaball which goes the same for my text

Could that be a problem as well?

I've tried placing the metaball under the cloner object but it just seems to disappear everytime I change the mode.

Thank you

Return to posts index

Kim Evangelista
on Jul 24, 2012 at 8:28:30 am

Anyone please? I'm so close to finishing this :(

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Jul 31, 2012 at 3:10:33 am

with that kind of morph the only cloner involved is the one under the metaball - the other cloner only gets used for it's shape and it does not even need a cloned item under it for the morph to work - I'm guessing you are looking to have the text at the end be just text - not be made up of metaballs or cloned pieces - if that's true you probably have to 'cheat' (time honored method) and find some way to make the solid text appear where the metaball is coalescing into the cloner text, the simplest method would be transparent textures but that probably is not the best method.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]