MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Net rendering/GI

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dustin ZaleskyNet rendering/GI
by on Jul 13, 2012 at 6:30:16 pm

If i don't have the net render module, can i buy a outside net render manager like Smedge or ButterflyNetRender and use it???

I have 3 copies of c4d but i don't believe i have a net render module with my packages...

I also would like to know if using net render and GI isn't possible.

I contacted a net render farm about rendering the animation for me since we are on a tight deadline... and He said he hopes i'm not using GI because it causes texture popping and flickering in net render animations...

any insight on this? I haven't used net render before, but this will be a pretty big scene with about a 20 second animation.... and I built it around having GI

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Net rendering/GI
by on Jul 13, 2012 at 8:49:10 pm

You can render GI over NET ... if you know what you're doing. You have to render the whole prepass on a single machine to avoid problems with flickering ... unless you render stochastic or physical renderer.

I suggest you contact Render King. Dann, who runs it, is VERY familiar with Cinema.

I know that it's possible for third party render managers to use GI because I worked on a project where we did it. Unfortunately I don't know which software they used.

Return to posts index

Dustin ZaleskyRe: Net rendering/GI
by on Jul 13, 2012 at 10:29:05 pm

Thanks for the update, Dann is actually who I'm most likely hiring, and I've been talking with him over email. I saw several recommendations for him online... that guy gets around ;)

Thanks, yeah I was wondering if the outside render managers only need a working copy of c4d to work, or do they require c4d's built in "net render console" to work... I don't think mine came with that... But i heard the built in manager isn't that great... so if i was going to purchase it i might as well do an outside one.

Here is that grocery aisle i've been working on that I was getting all of your advice on earlier, I was about done but now i'm reworking the order of product and a few other things... but it's come along nicely thanks to the help from this forum. Especially on decreasing render times.

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Net rendering/GI
by on Jul 14, 2012 at 4:00:13 am

Dann was the first to put together a commercial C4D render farm many years ago and has been a Cinema user since at least R6 (probably earlier), so he's definitely earned his reputation.

Return to posts index

Post removed.

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved