MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Jagged Edges around Alpha Material

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
stephen turcotte
Jagged Edges around Alpha Material
on Jul 12, 2012 at 4:28:35 am

Im having trouble getting clean edges in my alpha channel under the materials setting. I'm trying to import a photo (outline of a person) but when I activate my alpha, a thin white line appears around the entire object. Both images are the same size and have completely smooth edges/ are high res.

Anyone have an idea?

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: Jagged Edges around Alpha Material
on Jul 12, 2012 at 4:45:43 am

Textures aren't affected by geometry anti-aliasing, so you'll have to use Best AA in render settings. Or if you're already using it, you'll have to increase the Min/Max settings.

Return to posts index

stephen turcotte
on Jul 12, 2012 at 12:56:46 pm

I have Best AA settings on and increased the Max setting to 16x16. The result was that the white line rendered very smoothly, but the line is still there. Is there a way to eliminate the outline completely?

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on Jul 12, 2012 at 2:35:14 pm

is the image on a white background? It's a very common problem, you have an image on a white background and take a selection from that to make an alpha but anti-aliasing in the image means you are really taking a bit of the white background as well so you get a white border.
Either make the alpha a little tighter or change the background of the image to be black (or ideally the same color as the parts you want to see but that's nearly impossible most of the time).

Return to posts index

stephen turcotte
on Jul 12, 2012 at 4:09:23 pm

Good point. It is on a white background, so I contracted the alpha just a bit and got pretty good results. Thanks for your help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]