MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Paste polygons to mesh with Xpresso

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Søren JustesenPaste polygons to mesh with Xpresso
by on Jul 9, 2012 at 6:27:51 pm

Hi everybody.

im looking to make a quick Xpresso rig that takes a primitive object, and copies its polys, vertices and edges to an empty polygon; a polygonal instance if you will. I have seen the PolyInstance plugin, but im not sure if it does what i want. Also, im more interested in doing it myself, and learning along the way.

So is there away to do this with Xpresso, python etc?

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Paste polygons to mesh with Xpresso
by on Jul 9, 2012 at 10:53:18 pm

what is it you want to do that will be different from just making a copy and making it editable

Return to posts index

Søren JustesenRe: Paste polygons to mesh with Xpresso
by on Jul 10, 2012 at 12:06:09 am

Im really OCD about stuff like that ;) Also, its a bit of a challenge for me, and also a learning process. Im pretty new to cinema, and im really interested in Xpresso, Python, C.O.F.F.E.E etc, so this would be pretty cool to be able to use a primitive object as a polygonal object, and still be able to update the polygonal object via the primitive object.

The original idea came from using the correction deformer as a TP deflector on a primitive object. But i would like it so that i can drop in an object in a link user data, click "update", and the object (primitive or polygon) is transfered to an empty polygon where you could alter the object and use it as a deflector also.

As said, it doesnt really have a purpose since i can already do it with a corrections deformer, but id like to learn and expand my knowledge in Cinema

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved