MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

transporting point-level animation

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Gerrit Velthuis
transporting point-level animation
on Jul 5, 2012 at 10:08:39 am

I guess this is a beginners problem. I took two objects out of a complex model for a test; pasted them in a new file and worked out a point-level animation for one of them over frame 0-25.
I then copied the two back into the original file (with "animation" tool on); they appear on frame 0 to 25 in the timeline; both visible in the viewports.

But . . . the moment I move the cursor to frame 1, the animated object disappears from the viewports and I can't find a way to get it back in view. The non-animated part works fine.

Of course I can do the (pretty complex) point-animation again in the original model, but it took me a lot of time. I suppose there must be a way to get it right.

Return to posts index

Greg Burrus
Re: transporting point-level animation
on Jul 5, 2012 at 12:56:28 pm

hmmm not sure why your copy and paste of your PLA didn't work but did you try to Xref it into your original scene instead of copy paste?

Also you could look into pose morph/morph deformer. You could use that to put your PLA on the original model, assuming you didn't add/remove any points.

Hope that helps

Greg

http://mogra.g2bproductions.com/ - Blog
http://g2bproductions.com/ - Portfolio

Return to posts index

Gerrit Velthuis
on Jul 5, 2012 at 2:18:17 pm

Going to study that Xref-thing, but in the meantime found a solution.
Merging it into the model did the job.

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Jul 5, 2012 at 7:09:39 pm

Possibly the animated object was the child of another object in the original scene? If so it would be offset when you remove it by the distance of the original parent object.

Return to posts index

Gerrit Velthuis
on Jul 6, 2012 at 6:16:53 am

I don't think so, Adam.
Besides, the two objects shared the same coordinate system and only the animated one disappears.
I can't check your suggestion, because I've changed the setup, and can't reproduce the situation.
Anyway . . . the problem is solved using the merge cmd.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]