MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Splitting Text?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
James RantaSplitting Text?
by on Jun 30, 2012 at 12:43:42 am

Before I start, let me just say that I am fairly new to Cinema 4D. So don't bash me for this fairly simple question please!

So what I am looking to do is take a letter, such as an A, and split it in half, down the middle. I want the two halves to be independent objects that can have their own keyframes, etc. I've looked around but can't seem to find any answers....can any of you more experienced members help me out with this? Anything would be very appreciated.

Return to posts index

randy johnsonRe: Splitting Text?
by on Jun 30, 2012 at 12:02:23 pm

In what direction do you want to split the letter? If you go on the Z axis its just a matter of duplicating the word and positing them together.

Now if you want to cut the letters on the X axis you have a few ways to do it.

*You can manually cut and join the TEXT spline (I would do this in illustrator) into all the pieces you want and extrude that... this takes time but will give you good results.

*Another would be to Use a boolean object, cutting the letters that way but you will most likely get some unwanted artifacts.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Splitting Text?
by on Jun 30, 2012 at 2:54:38 pm

Randy's methods are all good ways to do it, just for completeness here's another way to do it using the Knife tool and Split.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved