MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Selection Set - Convert to a new object - just the selection set

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
David JoloskySelection Set - Convert to a new object - just the selection set
by on Jun 28, 2012 at 7:50:36 pm

Apologies for the question if it has been answered elsewhere. I'm trying to convert a selection set (made by selecting polygons, texturing, and naming that selection set) into it's own standalone object. I've searched a couple of sources and tried "split" and "disconnect" but the layer is still retaining every polygon. Essentially just making a duplicate of the entire object rather than the selection set.

imagine an ipad model with the bezel and the screen. i want to separate the screen from the bezel in the model that is all one single object at the moment.

for compositing purposes.

thanks much!!

Return to posts index

David JoloskyRe: Selection Set - Convert to a new object - just the selection set
by on Jun 28, 2012 at 8:00:25 pm

answer solved. Thank you for anyone formulating a post.

david jolosky, visual communications || design || construct || interact

Return to posts index

phil decRe: Selection Set - Convert to a new object - just the selection set
by on Jul 27, 2015 at 1:25:07 pm

Would be nice to tell us how you solved it!

Thanks
Phil

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Selection Set - Convert to a new object - just the selection set
by on Jul 27, 2015 at 2:18:12 pm

Split would be his answer. It takes the selected polys and puts them in a new standalone object, Split does not remove the polys from the original object though (in case you want to do it again, I guess) and it leaves the original object selected (so you can hit 'delete' if you do want to erase the original polys). The new object with the same name is the new standalone object.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]