MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

C4D: How do I split one poly into two?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Mark ParleC4D: How do I split one poly into two?
by on Jun 22, 2012 at 11:00:57 am

Basic problem, I have this one Polygon Object: http://gyazo.com/a81b8c69ca04754c71d2c9c24d8ac92b And I would like to split it into two seperate objects, the bolt and the trigger section. I'm sure there must be some really simple way to split it down into the shapes that made the Poly and I would be interested to know how, thanks in advance for any help.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: C4D: How do I split one poly into two?
by on Jun 22, 2012 at 2:41:36 pm

there is a command called Split (in the Structure menu in pre-13 versions, I think) which does what you want. Select the polys you want to be in their own object and choose Split. That will make a new object with the selected polys in it but will also leave the original polys in the first object so just delete the selected polys from that object.

Return to posts index

Shawn MarshallRe: C4D: How do I split one poly into two?
by on Jun 24, 2012 at 7:29:04 pm

This issue perplexed me for a year or so until I found the "Polygon Groups to Objects" command:

If you have polygon objects that are internally made up of non-connected surfaces (as can, for example, be created using the Disconnect command or from editable, connected ExtrudeNURBS), this command will create a separate object from each coherent group, which will be made Child objects of the original object.

In R13 it's under Mesh: Conversions.

Shawn Marshall
Marshall Arts Motion Graphics

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]