MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Animation Problem

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tom BobbertAnimation Problem
by on Jun 21, 2012 at 1:53:15 pm

Okay, so I have a iron man suit that I found, pretty good model, I've been adding on to it, improving it over the past couple of days, looks really nice. But anyways, I want to animate the face place to slide open so you can see the person inside's face. Now, I now how to animate it an all, but just wait and let me explain exactly what my problem is. Okay so first, the face plate starts closed, right. Then I place the first keyframe, then I move some distance, and I open up the face plate, and put in another key frame. So now the face plate will open up to see the person's face. Now I go farther away, and with out moving the face plate, I place another keyframe. Okay, so here's the problem. That distance from when the face plate opens, to that last keyframe I placed, the face plate moves until it gets to the last keyframe I placed. I don't wan't it to keep moving after it opens. How do I fix this?

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Animation Problem
by on Jun 22, 2012 at 1:47:54 am

it's really easy but it can be a complex answer. How much do you know about F-Curves?

Return to posts index

Tom BobbertRe: Animation Problem
by on Jun 22, 2012 at 1:55:22 am

Never heard of it. I'm relatively new at animating, but however, I got a really good start at it. And things look really neat, but if you could explain F-curves, that would be handy.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Animation Problem
by on Jun 22, 2012 at 3:34:59 am

take a look at this http://cgterminal.com/2011/05/29/keyframes-and-f-curves-in-cinema-4d-tutori... and if you're in 13 check the Help/Tutorials/Animating With Cinema 4D - The Basics/Animation Methods.

You have to know what F-Curves are, where to find them (Timeline) - your problem is simple your f-curve for the faceplate motion (whatever parameter(s) you animated to get the motion) is being interpolated smoothly at the second keyframe and is shooting past the target value you wanted. To stop it you just have to clamp the value of the second keyframe or set the second keyframe to linear so it goes straight to the third keyframe without 'overshooting' the value you want it to hold.
It probably won't make sense until until you find out more about f-curves but it really is simple

Return to posts index

Tom BobbertRe: Animation Problem
by on Jun 22, 2012 at 11:08:51 am

Thank you, heh, I know what you mean when you say,"It probably won't make sense until until you find out more about f-curves but it really is simple". Heh I go through that just about every day when I'm talking with my friends about something I've done in Adobe After Effects, or cinema 4D, like when I thought I could explain 3D motion tracking to my friends haha! But anyways, here is a picture of what I've been working on, http://s1071.photobucket.com/albums/u519/stormtrooper106/?action=view&curre... ( I had to texture it) And I reshaped the face and split it up into a couple sections, if you ever saw iron man 2, when tony puts on the, I guess it was a suite case iron man suite.....thing, anyways, when the face plate slides on his face, it was like a 'puzzle' like effect, which I was able to pull off, so that's what the face plate looks like that, I think it looks pretty good. And with just a little motion tracking, it will be perfect. Thank you for your help!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]