MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Camera following issue.

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Bam ReesCamera following issue.
by on Jun 17, 2012 at 1:27:10 pm

Hi,

I have built a rollercoaster track which follows a spline. I have built the coaster/cart and used the cloner tool to duplicate the carts. I have used the offset to animate the clones and wish to attach a camera so I can ride the rollercoaster from the view of the second carriage.
How do I go about this?

I have tried to use the align to spline tag and animate that but it rides faster through the course for some reason.

Any suggestion?

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Camera following issue.
by on Jun 17, 2012 at 8:08:22 pm

have to see the scene but if the spline has Intermediate Points set to Uniform that may help but it may also be the F-Curve of the keyframing of the Align to Spline and the Offset of the Cloner.

Another way to do it would be attach the camera to the second clone with xpresso.

4297_cameraattachedtoclone.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Bam ReesRe: Camera following issue.
by on Jun 23, 2012 at 11:51:21 am

Thanks your your reply.

Could you explain or direct me to somewhere that explains how you set up the xpresso tag to do that?

I would like to learn how to apply this to my scene.

Thanks in advance

Return to posts index

by on Jun 23, 2012 at 6:40:21 pm

have you ever done any xpresso?

Return to posts index

by on Jun 23, 2012 at 7:31:40 pm

Nope, it is on my list of things to learn.

For now, I have just decided to duplicate my spline, move it up, and attach the camera to that. This gives me that 'first person' look which isnt quite what I wanted, but looks ok for now.

Return to posts index

by on Jun 24, 2012 at 2:05:19 am

it's simple really, you just need to feed the position and rotation of the 2nd car to the camera. With xpresso you just have to drag and drop objects in to the expresso window to have access to parameters for that object - both input parameters that allow you to change something about the object (on the left side by default (the blue box) and output parameters you can pass to other objects (the red box).
It's easy to pass the position and rotation of one object to another you just have to activate the correct port on the two objects (called nodes - in this case they would be object nodes - you could always right click in the xpresso window and create a couple Object nodes --New Node/Xpresso/General/Object-- and assign the object to the object node but it's easier to just drag and drop an object in the xpresso window and it's done automatically) but in this case the 2nd car isn't an object you can access directly so we need to use the Data node --New Node/Motion Graphics/Data-- which can tell us information about the clones in a Cloner. So we have an Object node feeding the Data node an 'Object' - that tells the data node which cloner we are interested in then in the Data node's properties we set Index to be 1 (for the second clone since numbering starts at 0 like usual) and the data we pull from the Data node now comes from the 2nd clone.
In the example I sent used the Matrix info but that is just Position, Rotation and Scale all in one package so it was slightly easier than using the position port and the rotation port...

Return to posts index

by on Jun 24, 2012 at 3:52:32 pm

Thank you so much, this has been a massive help.

I will post a link to the finished video when completed.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]