MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Flag Like Animation On A Logo From Illustrator

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jorge GonzalezFlag Like Animation On A Logo From Illustrator
by on Jun 17, 2012 at 3:26:17 am

Good evening folks!

I'm pretty new to C4D so bare with me here. I have a logo that has been designed in illustrator. I have brought it into c4d and I'm trying to make the logo appear to waving in the wind...like a flag. I've seen plenty of tutorials for how to use the cloth tag and so on, but how do I apply that cloth to a spline from illustrator? And how do I give the splines a color/material? I thought that I could just apply an extrude NURB to the splines and then apply the cloth to that but the cloth wouldn't work on the extrude nurbs. Every tutorial I've seen seems to apply the cloth to a plane and regretfully my logo is not a plane.

Any help would be appreciated! Thanks!

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Flag Like Animation On A Logo From Illustrator
by on Jun 17, 2012 at 7:38:04 pm

here's a couple ways to do it

4296_extrudenurbflags.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Jorge GonzalezRe: Flag Like Animation On A Logo From Illustrator
by on Jun 19, 2012 at 5:34:59 am

Thank you for this. A ton. I'm curious though, in the second example in the file, you have applied a material to the extnurb for the text. The color only shows up on the extruded area though (the z axis under the movement property). How do I get the color to show up on the face of the extnurb and not just in the extruded area? In addition, I have three extnurbs under one connector and each nurb is supposed to have a different different color. Not only can I not get the first nurb to have color on the face, but I can't get the other 2 to display any color at all.

Thanks and I hope this was clear enough.

Return to posts index

by on Jun 19, 2012 at 5:36:46 pm

I'd have to see the scene file. It colors correctly for me and putting multiple extrudes in one connect works as well. It might be in the spline/extrude/connect settings but it's hard to tell without seeing it.

Return to posts index

Jorge GonzalezRe: Flag Like Animation On A Logo From Illustrator
by on Jun 20, 2012 at 2:29:38 am

here's a sample file with screen shots of what I am seeing. I'm in r12

Thanks again for your help.

Return to posts index

by on Jun 20, 2012 at 2:48:22 am

File? not seeing it... I'm in 13 not 12 but I just opened it in 12 and I see what you mean, no idea what is causing that but it works like you want in 13
- the only fixes I can see in 12 is to put the same texture on on the extrude 3 times with two of them using the C1 and C2 selections or to make the extrude editable and doing a Connect and Delete on the 3 parts you get from making it editable - and if you are using fillet as well there would be more textures to put on or more parts to connect after...

Return to posts index

by on Jun 20, 2012 at 3:01:03 am

the other possibility is to have only one Extrude per Connect Object and place the texture on the Connect - then you have to control where the Extrudes end up on the plane with the Surface Deformer's U and V settings

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]