MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Shrinkwrapping primitives to model?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thomas PascavageShrinkwrapping primitives to model?
by on Jun 16, 2012 at 3:49:46 pm

theres a video i saw of a guy filling a mesh with particles, but i couldnt help to notice how he made his person. im wondering if this is possible in c4d, because i cant seem to figure it out. it looks as if he took primitives, converted them to polygons, then further into splines, then shrinkwrapped it into a mesh(loft nurbs?) he created his thing in maya tho so thats why im not sure its possible. heres the video tho so see what im talking about

Thomas

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Shrinkwrapping primitives to model?
by on Jun 17, 2012 at 2:54:06 am

I'm not a maya user so I'm not sure what the purpose of the spheres is, but I don't think they're being used for modeling. The mesh topology is too clean to have been generated procedurally.

Return to posts index

Thomas PascavageRe: Shrinkwrapping primitives to model?
by on Jun 17, 2012 at 4:24:28 am

but is tht possible somehow? it seemed quite ingenious to create something out of primitives then wrap it up in a mesh, then delete the primitives leaving only the mesh in the form it was in when the primitives were still there

Return to posts index

by on Jun 17, 2012 at 3:09:18 pm

You can do something of the sort with Cinema's metaballs, but you don't have much control and it leaves a dense, triangulated mesh. ZBrush, on the other hand, has a sophisticated "ZSphere" system that can serve as the basis for a final mesh (though it still requires much work to get good topology).

Return to posts index

Thomas PascavageRe: Shrinkwrapping primitives to model?
by on Jun 18, 2012 at 5:30:54 pm

once again, its adam to the rescue^_^ metaball did exactly what i was looking for. youre right about the triangulated mesh, but isnt there a way to fix that? i thought i saw sumthin about cleaning up mesh but i dnt remember exactly what it was

Return to posts index

by on Jun 19, 2012 at 3:12:11 am

You can try the untriangulate tool or polygon reduction, but neither is likely to produce very good results. What you can do, if you really need a high quality mesh, is turn on polygon snapping and use the create polygon tool to build a clean mesh on top of the metaball mesh.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]