MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

TP/Mograph with Soft Body

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tim Montiq
TP/Mograph with Soft Body
on Jun 15, 2012 at 1:47:39 pm

Hi all,

I'm trying to make some blowing flowers and I would like them to fold and flap a little as they stream. I'm thinking a cloth or soft body might be a good way to do this. Unfortunately I can not figure out how to set this up.

I'm using TP with Mograph to achieve the flowers petals as you can see in the screen grab. I don't know where to apply the tag? The petal object, the cloner or what?

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,
Tim

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: TP/Mograph with Soft Body
on Jun 15, 2012 at 3:28:57 pm

Put a Simulation>Soft Body tag on the Cloner. In the tag's collision tab, set the individual elements parameter to something other than off (any of the others will work). Then adjust the settings in the soft body tab to taste.

Return to posts index

Tim Montiq
on Jun 15, 2012 at 4:45:36 pm

Well that definitely slows down the render a bit. And now the cloned particles are using TWO physics engines... the TP and soft body. Is there a better way to do this?

Also while I'm at it, why doesn't the Multi Shader work with particle clones?

Improper planning on your part doesn't necessarily constitute and emergency on my part

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Jun 15, 2012 at 6:56:07 pm

Well yeah, adding dozens of soft-body dynamic objects *will* slow down the render a bit!

My suggestion would be to ditch TP and do the whole thing with standard particles and mograph. Clone onto the standard emitter particles and use particle turbulence and wind objects to create the wind-blown effect. Much easier and you'll only have one dynamics system to deal with. You can cache the whole thing wich makes scrubbing much easier (can go backward and forward) and it would probably be faster, too.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]