MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

motion blur and reading text at 24p?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Thoreau Bakkermotion blur and reading text at 24p?
by on Jun 13, 2012 at 9:30:44 pm

hi Guys!

I have 10 planes, with an image mapped on each and I've animated a camera move from left to right, shifting focus across the ten items over a period of 15 seconds.

When I render frames, it looks great, but when I render the vid, it's a little jumpy / flickery and the images are not quite as clear as I'd like (only when moving.. there is a pause and it's fine in the pause of the camera).

I tried turning 'blurryness' off in the options, but didn't see where to turn off the motion blur. Does the blur have to do with the motion scale?

I was wondering if it was just the proximity of the objects and the 24 frames, but it's not that fast a pan, so I think it should be smoother.

Any tips on reducing motion blur at 24p slow pan would be greatly appreciate :D

Thoreau

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: motion blur and reading text at 24p?
by on Jun 14, 2012 at 2:19:53 pm

There shouldn't be any motion blur unless you've enabled one of the MB effects. What format are you rendering to (e.g. mov, tiff, etc.)?

Return to posts index

Thoreau BakkerRe: motion blur and reading text at 24p?
by on Jun 14, 2012 at 3:05:48 pm

hi Adam,

thanks for the response.

I'm rendering to a .mov with .h264 codec

I'm thinking it's because of the 24 frames and speed of the pan (the pan isn't super fast, but maybe just a little fast relative to the proximity of the objects).

One thing that would really help, is getting a better grip on camera ramp stuff.. So the camera would do a very slow pan across object #1, then rush to object#2, do a very slow pan across object #2, then rush to object #3 etc.

I've been trying to watch tutorials on cameras, both with target cameras and a camera / null object etc, but haven't really mastered it very well.

Any suggestions on good tutorials for camera work? I'm loving cinema 4D, but have struggled to get great camera moves..

Thoreau

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: motion blur and reading text at 24p?
by on Jun 14, 2012 at 3:54:50 pm

It could be due to the speed of the pan. I'd recommend rendering to an image sequence or uncompressed mov file just to take the codec out of the equation. As a rule I think it's not a great idea to render to h.264 straight out of Cinema. The beauty of that codec is that it can look ahead and behind in order to optimize compression, but it can't do that rendering straight out of Cinema. Better to render uncompressed and then convert to h.264 for final.

I can't recommend any tutorials, unfortunately, but I would look at C4D Cafe and Cineversity. I'd also highly recommend that you check out the SCPro plugin which provides a tremendous amount of control over camera animation. It used to be a pay-to-play plugin but the author is now graciously giving it away for free. http://homepage.mac.com/tcastudios/steadycampro.html

Return to posts index

Thoreau BakkerRe: motion blur and reading text at 24p?
by on Jun 14, 2012 at 4:29:11 pm

Adam,

1000 thanks!

I was actually going to ask about rendering direct to .h264 and re encoding from a NLE after (in regards to negative quality). Your suggestion makes a lot of sense, I guess I was just scared of megabytes :)

I'll switch to uncompressed codecs now regardless of the pan results.

As far as the camera plug, it looks like a god-send. Amazing!
THANK YOU!

Thoreau

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]