MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Sound effector cloner object does not render, what am I forgetting?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jeremy Chopra
Sound effector cloner object does not render, what am I forgetting?
on Jun 13, 2012 at 10:06:41 am

Hi,

I just created a block object in CINEMA 4D (R13) that moves like a volume bar using a sound effector with music (.wav). I used a cloner to make the bar multiples and all plays well in cinema. when i render in the active view the change in the block can be seen correct to the point in the timeline the music is effecting it.

However on the final render everything renders perfectly (my camera data, lights, multi passes etc) but the block does not respond to the sound effector at all and just remains at its original state?

Is there a render setting I am forgetting to set for a sound effector or cloner object?

Any help is much appreciated...

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: Sound effector cloner object does not render, what am I forgetting?
on Jun 13, 2012 at 2:32:50 pm

The only thing I can think of is that the link may be broken to the sound file, though I'm not sure it would play in the editor if that was the case. Try relinking the sound file, and if that doesn't work, cache the cloner.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Chopra
on Jun 13, 2012 at 10:04:40 pm

Hi

Thanks for the reply, I relinked the audio file and appears to have worked..

But before I had done so I looked at the settings for the tag and the link was there all fine and the audio file was in place and had not been moved.. Then after I relinked there was no change in the settings that I could see at all... So am curious is there a bug that can break a link this way without any visual reference within cinema4d?

It seems like a really bad thing that can potentially lose a massive amount of time on a render of a longer project as there is no way to guarantee the link is fine. Or could it be a windows issue?

Thanks again for the help, at least the initial problem is solved.. Just a worry for future use of the tag...

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Jun 14, 2012 at 3:27:26 am

It's not a problem I've had. But I have noticed that you can have a mislinked audio file and it will still play in the editor.

Return to posts index

Jeremy Chopra
on Jun 15, 2012 at 10:41:49 am

I guess its a little bug in the UI. Windows may have caused the broken link randomly (as I've seen it in the past on other systems and other software) but good to know to check for broken links before rendering as a step in my workflow in future seeing as cinema can forget a visual reference to the break.

thanks again.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]