MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Render Queue multiple camera

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew WagstaffRender Queue multiple camera
by on Jun 13, 2012 at 12:08:02 am

When i come to set a scene to render for each camera position i have to save a new file so a scene with 10 camera would need me t save the file ten times setting the frames and camera and destination for each shot

what i would like to know is there a way i can avoid having to save a file for each shot and have the scene be rendered as a for example

if shot 1 is frame 0 - 200 and shot 2 200 - 400 the file would render camera one 0- 200 then it would activate camera 2 and render frames 200 - 400

would this be possible

Any help would be greatly appreciated

Andrew

Return to posts index

David AlexRe: Render Queue multiple camera
by on Jun 13, 2012 at 9:03:38 am

There actually is a way!
First, you could use a Stage object and keyframe the "Camera" section, but that would render out only one file. In order to render multiple files from different cameras in a single scene::

STEP 1:
Under "Render Settings", in the bottom-left is a button labelled "Render Settings...". Click once and select "New". Alternatively, you could click and drag down the "Render Settings" item already in the list to duplicate it.

STEP 2:
Make copies for each camera and change the "Save" and "Output" sections as required. Recommend double-clicking to rename them to match what Camera they correspond to, important for the next step.

STEP 3:
Add the project to the Render Queue. In the Render Queue window, you'll find at the bottom (below the progress bar) two side-by-side dropdowns that read "Render Settings" and "Camera". Simply duplicate the Render job at the top and change the Render Settings and Camera for each.

STEP 4:
RENDER AWAY!

Step 3 can get tiring, so don't rush through it. Be sure to double-check that everything matches up before rendering. I do wish I could script, coz then I'd make one that does that for you.

I tickle pixels!
http://www.facebook.com/feelthevoid | http://ideastocreations.blogspot.com

Return to posts index

Andrew WagstaffRe: Render Queue multiple camera
by on Jun 13, 2012 at 2:08:33 pm

Thanks so much for explaining it to me you have saved me so much time

Return to posts index

WomRecords VideomakingRe: Render Queue multiple camera
by on Feb 16, 2014 at 10:27:57 pm

Thanks! that was really useful for me too!

Return to posts index

David CoiffierRe: Render Queue multiple camera
by on Feb 25, 2015 at 1:16:52 pm

No one ever mentioned the Stage Object ? I guess it just has been created for this exact purpose...

Return to posts index

James WoodsRe: Render Queue multiple camera
by on Mar 26, 2015 at 4:46:40 pm

david did.

Return to posts index

David CoiffierRe: nder Queue multiple camera
by on Mar 26, 2015 at 5:59:07 pm

My eyes skipped this part, sorry

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]