MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Polygon Problem

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew SomersPolygon Problem
by on Jun 9, 2012 at 7:46:04 pm

Okay, here's the situation: I have a helicopter model which I believe was created in 3DS, and when used in C4D (or Maya or Photoshop), and rendered in high quality, many of the UV mapped textures disappear from various polygons.

What I've found is that I can "pull out" certain polygons and that restores the textures for them.

1) I am new to C4D - is there a command that can correct polygons that have the "inside" UV Map on the wrong side, and

2) is there a way to group select a number of polygon faces/vertices/lines at once on the outside of a mesh without selecting the vertices/faces of the "inside" portions of the mesh??

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Polygon Problem
by on Jun 9, 2012 at 11:13:44 pm

You can try the align normals command to unify the normal direction. Unfortunately it doesn't always work.

For poly selection you can check the "visible only" option with any of the selection tools. You can also hide back-side faces in the viewport options.

Return to posts index

Andrew SomersRe: Polygon Problem
by on Jun 10, 2012 at 7:37:26 am

Thanks ADam that is useful - a followup question: I am finding that the apparent root of he problem is a number of cases where multiple polys are sharing the same vertex, including cases where the outside polys and the inside polys got too close and a common vertex merged.

Is there a way to split a vertex, to separate several polys without deleting the polys themselves?

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Polygon Problem
by on Jun 11, 2012 at 7:29:25 pm

Unfortunately no. You would have to split the ploys into a separate object, and then merge them into the other object with the connect command, AND delete them from the original object.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved