MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Speedup rendering - use maximum computer resources

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Michael CazaresSpeedup rendering - use maximum computer resources
by on Jun 7, 2012 at 9:24:19 pm

Hi everyone.

The matter is when I'm rendering a sequence my PC uses max. 130W - it doesn't use whole resources and the rendering is slow. When I'm playing the game (GTAIV) with photo-realistic settings it's using maximum resources - it consumes around 280W. The question is: How can I use all PC resources for Cinema 4D rendering?

My PC specs: Intel Core i7 2600K, Nvidia GTX560 and 8GB RAM.

Thanks in advance for any help.

Cheers, Michael

Return to posts index

Brent BoswellRe: Speedup rendering - use maximum computer resources
by on Aug 5, 2013 at 9:06:25 pm

I would very much like to know this as well.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Speedup rendering - use maximum computer resources
by on Aug 6, 2013 at 5:20:02 pm

if you really want faster rendering get a faster computer and more cores is the simplest answer. 3D programs and games are not a good thing to compare as they use resources differently. Having said that, the lines do blur somewhat. While rendering has long been a CPU only activity there is Octane render for C4D which does use the GPU's in an NVidia graphics card (using CUDA code) to render quite quickly ,- however there are some limitations as compared to a render from the CPU (at least currently), - Adam has Octane and knows much more about it than I do
other than Octane all other available renderers for C4D, built in and 3rd party (that I know of), are CPU renderers so the GPU is not used excepting for interface rendering, so for all those there is no substitute for raw CPU power - multiple CPU's each with multiple cores all hyper threaded...
There are all kinds of things that can be done to speed renders by using modifications to the default settings - Maxon tends to set the defaults to 'guaranteed pretty' so you can often make huge speed increases by experimenting with settings (particularly in GI but it's true elsewhere) and still have a good result.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved