MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Is it possible to modify the shape of a cloner set to grid?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig RickerIs it possible to modify the shape of a cloner set to grid?
by on May 24, 2012 at 6:00:26 am

Basically, can you shape the grid of a cloner, so that it slopes on one side or make it look like 100's of plants following the shape of a landscape?

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Is it possible to modify the shape of a cloner set to grid?
by on May 24, 2012 at 12:31:57 pm

You can shape a grid of clones any number of ways. Many of the effectors allow you to change the shape. You can also use deformers. If you go that way you might want to clone onto a matrix object and then deform it instead of deforming the cloner so that the clones themselves aren't deformed. Or you could clone onto a plane object and deform it, or make it editable and modify the geometry by hand.

Return to posts index

Craig RickerRe: Is it possible to modify the shape of a cloner set to grid?
by on May 24, 2012 at 12:59:10 pm

I did try cloning onto a plane object using vertices mode. Issue was even when I made changes to the shape of the plane the clones will not follow the surface of the plane. I.e the sit on the plane fine but they all point up rather than angling as the plane angles. I tried all the options?
Where as if I put the cloner onto a spline they follow the angle correctly when I put in a copied version of the spline as a rail. But the issue there is I can't then make a grid without using another cloner as far as I'm aware?

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Is it possible to modify the shape of a cloner set to grid?
by on May 24, 2012 at 2:36:42 pm

The clones should rotate correctly as long as you have the "align clone" box checked in the Cloner.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]