MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Cube with Rounded Corners

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Adam RookCube with Rounded Corners
by on May 22, 2012 at 5:47:11 pm

Hi guys, I'm new to Cinema 4D and I LOVE it!!

I'm trying to create a cube with rounded corners. But not all the corners are rounded. The best example I can think is an Apple TV shape. Rounded corners - flat top and bottom.

I tried Filet Caps but I don't want to round the top and bottom edges.
I also Merged the shape from Illustrator and extruded it but there does not seem to be a top surface.
I need a top surface to create an Inner Extrusion.

Any help would be greatly appreciated. Please remember I am new to Cinema 4D

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Cube with Rounded Corners
by on May 23, 2012 at 12:09:44 am

instead of Fillet use Bevel which does the same thing only on just the edges you select. So if the cube is editable, use Edge mode and select only the corners you want to round, make the Type Convex and set the Subdivisions to "high enough to get it smooth enough for your needs" and check off Create N-gons so you get a top surface you can run an Inner Extrude on.

or

the extrude should work if Caps are turned on and the spline you are extruding is Closed.

Return to posts index

Steve MacKenzieRe: Cube with Rounded Corners
by on May 23, 2012 at 11:34:57 pm

Easiest way I can thing of is by using a rectangle spline, ticking the round corners option and throwing it in an extrude nurbs. Hope this helps.

Return to posts index

Steve MacKenzieRe: Cube with Rounded Corners
by on May 23, 2012 at 11:35:34 pm

Easiest way I can thing of is by using a rectangle spline, ticking the round corners option and throwing it in an extrude nurbs. from there you can

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]