MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

is there a matrix effector for the cloner?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Andrew Saundersis there a matrix effector for the cloner?
by on May 19, 2012 at 6:07:45 am

Hi guys.
I am working on a a project that has a wall (480) of human figures. With linked effectors I am moving forward figures from random sections of the wall (for section by section breakdown of some medical stats). The problem is that I would like the selected object to bunch into a new tighter grid when they move forward (only for the selected objects).

Is there way that I can use the effectors and the matrix object in combination to do this?
Any thoughts on this would be welcome.
andy

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: is there a matrix effector for the cloner?
by on May 19, 2012 at 2:04:15 pm

Yes, you can do this with inheritance effectors. I would use a separate matrix object and inheritance effector for each block of clones. You can either use effector falloff or mograph selections to assign the blocks to the effectors.

The key is to set the inheritance effector to direct mode and check the "morph motion object" box.

Here's an example file: 4176_grid2grid.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Andrew SaundersRe: is there a matrix effector for the cloner?
by on May 20, 2012 at 11:26:45 pm

Hi Adam
Thanks for your solution. I have not used the inheritance effector much before so its great to expand my knowledge in that direction.
It was not quite what I was looking for because I wanted the figures to draw forth from random parts of the wall and then, despite their relatively different positions in the old grid to a new concise grid. But I have used your technique to hack together what I need visually (see file: http://the17frames.squarespace.com/storage/c4d-files/Gather%20forward%20fro...).

Thank you
Andy.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]