MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Cloth Simulation Tag Question

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Tony Barone
Cloth Simulation Tag Question
on May 18, 2012 at 5:09:33 pm

I'm working on a project that involves model of a bag connected to a rigid handle.

I would like to move the handle, using an XPresso tag to change its position and rotation. The bag is supposed to look as though its connected to the handle, and is therefore a child object of it, so that it will move along with it.

The problem I am having is once I add the Cloth Simulation tag to the bag, it becomes stationary and does not move with the handle object.

Can someone explain how I might be able to get the Bag to move with the handle and also react somewhat realistically with the Cloth Simulation tag?

Thanks.

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: Cloth Simulation Tag Question
on May 18, 2012 at 8:43:17 pm

You can't animate a cloth object's position outside of the cloth simulation. What you need to do is use the cloth>belt tag to connect the bag to the handle.

Return to posts index

Tony Barone
on May 18, 2012 at 8:56:15 pm

Do I use the cloth>belt tag in addition to the cloth simulation tag?

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on May 19, 2012 at 11:14:51 pm

[Tony Barone] "Do I use the cloth>belt tag in addition to the cloth simulation tag?"

Yes, it also goes on the cloth object. Check the help documents for full details.

Return to posts index

Tony Barone
on May 21, 2012 at 8:29:03 pm

Thanks for your help Adam, I think I've got it now.

I do have another question I can't seem to find an answer to in the help system.

In my current animation, this "bag" object I have set with a Cloth simulation... when the animation begins, the bag begins bouncing slightly. I tried playing around with all the settings in the Cloth tag, set bounce to 0% and such, no luck. The only thing that seems to have the effect I'm looking for is the "Relax" button, however, this then seems to take away all the other desired effects of the bag interacting with colliders and such.

Return to posts index

David Cabestany
on Mar 30, 2014 at 6:09:35 pm

I'm trying to do a similar thing, a flag attached to a pole through a three cloth belt tags, but when I animate the pole (it needs to slide fast from right to left) it always go on a diagonal movement, instead of just side to side and the flag ends up wrapped around the pole.

Can anyone help?
Thanks.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]