MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Creating a Cave

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris Keller
Creating a Cave
on May 16, 2012 at 10:34:04 pm

I want to create a cave with several tunnels in c4d, but don't know where to start.

I have a few ideas where i make a cube and extrude segments and finally put it into a hyper nurb. Also, I have create a landscape that was spherical.

I need a little guidance so I create this the fastest, most efficient way.

Thanks for any help!

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Creating a Cave
on May 17, 2012 at 4:09:16 am

there are likely many efficient ways but your initial thought isn't bad but it's all going to depend on what you need from your cave, what look you need. if you subdivide your cube (before or after you extrude) you can run a Set Point Value on the points in Crumple mode to roughen the walls or you can use textures and or noises and Displacement to do the same sort of thing (or many different methods combined).
Spherical landscapes can be as easy as the Landscape object with Spherical checked (but that has 'pinching' at the poles so might not be what you can use and might not be the right look as well) and you can use the same things mentioned for the cave, Set Point Value and or displacement in textures just to name the simplest methods. What kind of look do you need?

Return to posts index

Chris Keller
on May 17, 2012 at 4:17:47 am

Hopefully this makes sense.

This cave would have different tunnels. some spiral back. Some divided by large connecting stalactites/mites from ceiling to floor.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on May 17, 2012 at 4:34:01 am

probably you need to build the general shape by hand (extrudes/bridging/beveling etc. etc.) and then texture for the final detail

Return to posts index

Chris Keller
on May 17, 2012 at 4:40:07 am

Thanks for your help so far. I am not familiar with the Set Point you have mentioned.

I somewhat know what Bridging does and think I could pick it up fairly easy. If you could give a more in-depth example of the Set Point that would be very helpful. Thanks again!

Gnite.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]