MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Attaching a softbody to a rigid body and then animate the rigid body

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Sven I. Nilsen
Attaching a softbody to a rigid body and then animate the rigid body
on May 14, 2012 at 6:57:12 pm

Hi, I am rather new Cinema 4D, and have just purchased Studio R13. I have used daz Carrara a lot the latest years, and of course expect that C4D can do all Carrara can, plus a lot more :)
Please note: This is NOT about the cloth tag in Cinema. It is about the softbody tag.
What I want is to attach the softbody to two rigid objects, and animate these objects. In my case, a softbody connected to two "sticks". I have been adviced to use "connectors" for this. But I just can't get connectors to work, they make the softbody slip and slide back and forth. Can you point me in the right direction?
Here is an animation I have made, this video shows what I can make in daz Carrara, which I currently can not do in Cinema 4D R13 Studio:

Here is another animation, made in Cinema 4D. This describes what I am after, I want to attach the softbody to the "sticks" / "poles", btu have found no way to do it:

Thanks in advance
- Sven I

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: Attaching a softbody to a rigid body and then animate the rigid body
on May 15, 2012 at 5:18:40 am

Here's a sample scene: 4140_connectsoftrigid.c4d.zip

But you'll have to do without the artifacts and glitches from Carrara. ;)

Return to posts index

Sven I. Nilsen
Re: Attaching a softbody to a rigid body and then animate the rigid body
on May 24, 2012 at 10:33:23 am

Hi Adam,
thenks a lot for this! Sorry about the delay, I've been out of office for a week. Yes, it works! But still it does not, if I must say so.. I am having real problems using connectors to connect softbodies to rigid objects. In fact, I wrote Maxon Support, and they say it is not possible, they tell me to use the cloth. But the cloth does not respond to rigid objects, so that is no solution..
I have a video here, explaining my issues. I am not a native English speaker, but hopefully you will understand most of it:

-Ingvar

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]