MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Attaching Spline Points to a Sphere

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan FassnachtAttaching Spline Points to a Sphere
by on May 14, 2012 at 4:43:43 pm

Hello all,

Basically I'm trying to have an arc connect to the surface of two points on a globe. I've got to nulls on the surface of the globe using a constraint tag (one usa, the other paris) I basically want to be able to draw a spline that will connect those two points. I've tried some Xpresso solutions but I'm fairly new to Xpresso and can't really get it to work.

If anyone has any suggestions that would be greatly appreciated. If you can provide step by step that would greatly increase the outcome of me not messing it up somehow.

Return to posts index

Greg BurrusRe: Attaching Spline Points to a Sphere
by on May 16, 2012 at 1:57:40 pm

You could do this with a tracer object that connects two points with each other. Then add some in between points for a smooth curve. You could connect all points to all ways have a line showing then use a sweep nurb to draw the line. You could just draw the spline too. I've attached a quick file as an example.

Robert Leger had a tutorial on something similar to this using Xpresso on his old site I believe which should be on his vimeo channel. And on c4d tools there is a preset that connects two points for an electric ray. You could open that up and figure out something based on that.

Hope this helps

Greg - Blog - Portfolio

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved