MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Cardboard Robot Cinema 4D Animation

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
gareth woodCardboard Robot Cinema 4D Animation
by on May 14, 2012 at 4:01:54 pm

Hi everyone,

Just finished this Cinema 4D animation I made for my twin daughter's 4th birthday, inspired by a robot they'd made out of cardboard and toilet rolls. Took about 8 weeks to produce. Since I had no prior experience of character animation and rigging I'm fully aware that it isn't technically perfect and there's tons of stuff I'd like to have spent more time fixing but I'm fairly happy with the finished result. Comments welcome for how I could improve for future projects. Post work and grading done in After Effects. I used a mirrored ball to create my own HDRI map which was a great help!

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Cardboard Robot Cinema 4D Animation
by on May 15, 2012 at 2:34:11 am

Nice. The only things I am seeing at the moment are to do with weight (or lack of it). It's paper and a robot but when it first lands there is no bend of the knees to take up the force of impact and the next sequence as it moves stage left there is no weight bounce at all, it could have skates on by the look of it. After that it's it's kind of hit and miss, some side to side bobble in some of the leg lifts only to loose all upper body moves for a bit, it doesn't need to be too much just some subtle movement that's more noticeable for it's absence than for it's presence. Good running in place sequences, good weight there. Great stuff overall.

Return to posts index

craig whitRe: Cardboard Robot Cinema 4D Animation
by on May 16, 2012 at 2:45:30 am

I'm have a two year old...this is awesome. Great work!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved