MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

view-port speed

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jason Stirretview-port speed
by on May 7, 2012 at 7:50:29 pm

Hello again,

A picture I'm working on has my view-port slowed down to aggravating speeds. I have a GeForce GTX 480 so its quite speedy. However I have been messing and tweaking a variety of controls from the display, filter and preferences menus and drop downs. Helps a bit but still difficult to work. If I turn of specific parts of the picture (I have webs created from atom arrays with cloth tags and belts for a good number of objects; lots of SSS, displacement, sub-poly; lots of vertices)it helps a bit but still slow going.

Is there a way to physically speed up the workings of the view-port to workable speed? Would moving parts to the layer browser and turning them off there help more than just turning them off in the object manager?

Any suggestions and/or hints are greatly appreciated!!!

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: view-port speed
by on May 7, 2012 at 8:13:24 pm

Using the layer browser might be more convenient but I don't think it will be faster. One thing you might try is setting the viewport level of detail to low (options menu).

Return to posts index

Jason StirretRe: view-port speed
by on May 7, 2012 at 9:06:05 pm

Thanks Adam, I have already set it to low and to no effect. However I did try the layer browser option and that worked like a champ. My view-port works and looks just fine again so I can go back to work.

I just put all my arrays and cloth stuff in the browser and turned it off. I could be wrong but by simply turning it off in the object manager video must still calculate the object even though they are not visible. Putting things in the browser (i think) removes this tedious task to free up the meat and potatoes!

Thanks man!

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: view-port speed
by on May 7, 2012 at 10:53:13 pm

That's interesting -- I wouldn't have thought that it would matter, but good to know.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved