MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Getting cumulative values from motion in expresso

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Dan Watson
Getting cumulative values from motion in expresso
on May 3, 2012 at 11:37:38 am

Hi everyone,

Good to finally be posting here after months of reading!
Here's my question:

Through Expresso I have linked the motion of a sphere (slave) to the y-position of another sphere (master) which oscillates up and down. Rather than the slave moving back and forth, as it does at the moment, I'd like the master's motion in the y-direction to not only be cumulative but always positive (modulated I guess), so that it outputs an ever increasing value that is fed to the slave sphere.

I'd be really grateful if someone could explain how I might achieve this, as I've tried a lot of methods that seem to make sense mathematically but I can't get them to work in Expresso. The other problem is that I don't know the correct names for the things I'm looking for, so hopefully someone who does will find this simpler!

Cheers!

Dan Watson

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Getting cumulative values from motion in expresso
on May 3, 2012 at 2:41:20 pm

do you want the slave to move when the master is only going up or do you want the master's negative movement to be positive movement for the slave as well?

Return to posts index

Dan Watson
on May 3, 2012 at 2:46:38 pm

I would like the positive and negative movements to make the slave move. Basically so that any motion of the master in the Y-direction will make the slave move.

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
on May 3, 2012 at 6:49:05 pm

4077_xpslavetrial.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Dan Watson
on May 3, 2012 at 8:47:12 pm

Lovely stuff :)

Thank you for that. I was so darn close... just couldn't find the 'previous position'!

Dan

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]