MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Axis handles turn yellow and I can't scale an object

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jack Cook
Axis handles turn yellow and I can't scale an object
on Apr 27, 2012 at 7:29:47 pm

I've never seen this before. I have a file in which I'm using spheres that are made editable, but I can only scale them in one dimension. All the XYZ buttons are activated, but the scale tool will only scale in one direction. The cube at the end of the axis handle of the dimension that it WILL scale in is yellow, instead of the usual color (ie., green for Y, etc.) so it seems to be locked into that dimension only, even though the buttons for the other dimensions are activated. This is true whether I try to scale with the model tool or the object tool. If I make a new file, add a sphere and make it editable, this doesn't happen, so it seems to be something in the one file I'm working on that is set in some way. As I said, I've never seen this before. Does anyone have an idea what is happening here?

I'm using version 12, on OS 10.7.3.

thanks,
Jack

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Axis handles turn yellow and I can't scale an object
on Apr 28, 2012 at 12:02:01 am

prior to 13 if you double-click on an axis it locks to only that axis, double-click it again to get it back to normal

Return to posts index

Jack Cook
Re: Axis handles turn yellow and I can't scale an object
on Apr 30, 2012 at 11:59:54 am

Thanks, Brian, that was driving me nuts. Good to know that bit if information. Couldn't find it in the manual.

Jack

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]