MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Best tutorials for learning cinema 4d

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig RickerBest tutorials for learning cinema 4d
by on Apr 20, 2012 at 6:56:55 am

Hi there,

Wondering if anyone knows of a tutorial series that runs through every modelling tool, how to use it and what it does, and teaches you from the ground up in how to use cinema 4d.

I have a lynda subscription and some of the stuff is awesome, but its missing alot of the individual tool explanations and how to do alot of basic modeling.

Your thoughts are welcome

Return to posts index

Tim VaughanRe: Best tutorials for learning cinema 4d
by on Apr 20, 2012 at 4:56:46 pm

I wish there was an answer that I could give that would be your one-stop-shop, but I'm afraid you kinda have to visit various sites and costs. These are in no particular order, just whatever pops in the mind first. All have their strengths overall, but no one site really is the "end all, be all" in my opinion.
Digital Tutors (http://www.digitaltutors.com) is decent, though they really focus more on Maya and Max.
GreyScaleGorrilla.com (Nick Campbell) is great, though a little all over the place, resource for all things C4d. (Not to mention, free! LOL)
Cineversity is kind of a "must-have" toolkit overall for learning all around, though it's not updated as much as I'd like...:)
There's fxphd, which is "class based" terms, which can be a hassle waiting for a new project every week. Their instructors are top notch (Tim Clapman is a C4d god!), and even Tim Clapman has his "Making it Great" DVD's on his website available for sale as well.
Joren Kandel (http://www.thepixellab.net) has some great quick tips, straight and to the point, and also has some great models for sale.

There's probably more, but those are the ones I've used and continue to use.

Of course, this forum is also a great way to reap some knowledge, if by just reading some of the problems and answers people give. With that, I say thanks to all who post and answer! You guys are the best!! :)

Tim

Tim
Apple XRAID, XServe, MacPro, Macbook Pro, XSAN, FCP Studio (7), AVID Media Composer
Apple Monitors, Flanders Scientific Broadcast, Panasonic AG-AF100
Adobe Production Premium, Maxon Cinema 4d
Beer fridge fully loaded.

Return to posts index

Shawn MarshallRe: Best tutorials for learning cinema 4d
by on Apr 20, 2012 at 7:43:50 pm

Check out Vertex Pusher:

https://www.vertex-pusher.com/index.php/

I have his rigging, animation and Mograph tutorial sets. I haven't watched all of them, but from what I have seen they're comprehensive and well-thought out.

His modeling tutorials are 9 hours long and cost around $35.

Shawn Marshall
Marshall Arts Motion Graphics

Return to posts index

Alan LaceyRe: Best tutorials for learning cinema 4d
by on Apr 28, 2012 at 2:59:17 pm

I've recently downloaded a lot of the Vertex Pusher material, and to be honest I've very disappointed.

First off I can only play the downloaded mp4 files on one of my machines (a win7 32bit). They will not play smoothly either on my MacBookPro or a Win7 64bit.

Also, probably again a player problem, the audio synch is so bad on most to make the tutorial useless.

Okay it's early days and I'll follow up on what might be just my problems but early thoughts are that I'm sorry I invested.

Alan

FlashXDR,XDcamHD,XDcamEX,D9 etc
FCS,AE,Combustion,LiquidSilver,Vegas,Edius,
G5,MBP,Vista64,XP

Return to posts index

Alan LaceyRe: Best tutorials for learning cinema 4d
by on Apr 29, 2012 at 12:09:53 pm

Revised my opinion now. They do play okay in VLC, so now I can view them properly I do think these are worth having. Sorry for my initial negative remarks,

FlashXDR,XDcamHD,XDcamEX,D9 etc
FCS,AE,Combustion,LiquidSilver,Vegas,Edius,
G5,MBP,Vista64,XP

Return to posts index

Tim ShetzRe: Best tutorials for learning cinema 4d
by on Apr 20, 2012 at 8:22:06 pm

My site: C4DTraining.com has tutorials starting at the beginning. There are some that get a little more into the program as well.

Tim Shetz
c4dtraining.com

Return to posts index

David BiederbeckRe: Best tutorials for learning cinema 4d
by on Apr 22, 2012 at 6:34:23 am

I've learned a lot of great things from Tim. Especially simple stuff when I first got started, like rigging my net render so I could queue multiple scenes over night, and camera scenes so I could utilize multiple cameras.

I also learned Expresso almost entirely from Robert leger and Tim Clapham. I utilize expresso in almost every project as the biggest learning curve in 3D is creating projects that are easily edited for client revisions and expresso helps this process.

I've learned a lot of strange nuances like key strokes and workflows of modeling from Chris Schmidt and Pariah Rob.

I've learned how to make simple crap look great from choosing specific lighting by Greyscale Gorilla and Amateur Media.

Lastly, I've learned a lot (although not tutorials) from Reel Roulette. What makes motion look good? Pacing, speed, flow, transitions, colors, DOF, Rack focuses, constant movement, etc. These things can be pinpointed when watching the greats. Like MK12, Stardust, buck, digital kitchen and any variety of artists such as Barton Damer (alreadybeenchewed.tv), LOICA, Dan Difelice (http://thecampagn.com/), and Stephen Fitzgerald http://mono-motion.com/

It is too vast of a program to learn it all in one place. Every artist will gravitate to teaching their style. Pick one that resonates with you and learn it all. Then forget them, and learn from someone else.

Return to posts index

David BiederbeckRe: Best tutorials for learning cinema 4d
by on Apr 22, 2012 at 6:36:45 am

PS. I'm not saying I've learned it yet. I'm only 2 years in.

Return to posts index

Craig RickerRe: Best tutorials for learning cinema 4d
by on Apr 22, 2012 at 11:43:05 am

Thanks guys! I will be checking these all out and starting at one and moving on to the next! I will conquer this program! It will do what I want :) hopefully anyway

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]