MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Cloned Objects on TP Groups

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Darby EdelenCloned Objects on TP Groups
by on Apr 18, 2012 at 11:37:47 pm

I was working earlier today with a couple of cloners each cloning onto separate TP groups and everything was working wonderfully.

Suddenly something has gone terribly wrong and I can't find the fix for the life of me.

The particles are still behaving properly but the cloned objects are effectively disappearing the frame after they're born. The clones are primitive sphere objects. After the first frame there's a single edge that travels with each particle where the sphere should be.

I've removed all effectors from the cloners and tried playing with the particle size to no avail. Any other suggestions of things to check?

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Cloned Objects on TP Groups
by on Apr 19, 2012 at 12:35:52 am

particle life?

Return to posts index

Darby EdelenRe: Cloned Objects on TP Groups
by on Apr 19, 2012 at 12:48:50 am

The particles are still alive.

Doing some more triage I found that the cloned geometry appears to be collapsing down along the X and Y axes after the first frame. There are no keyframes for this, no particle size variation and no scale keyframes. This only seems to happen with the "Stretch TP" behavior so I've switched to "Standard TP" and made some modifications to get that to work.

Everything is okay with the animation now but I'm curious why Stretch TP is behaving badly :(

Darby Edelen

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]