MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

glass marble shader

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Wolfgang Schwarzenbrunnerglass marble shader
by on Apr 17, 2012 at 8:36:23 pm

hi...

actually i am working in after effects most of the time. right now i have to realize a simple glass-ball-hits-another-glass-ball animation. i dont have any troubles with the animation and the physics in the shot. what drives me mad right now, is that i dont manage to produce a shader that resembles the look my client wants to see. he gave me a photoshoped still of what he is thinking of (see attached image). i tryed around with some glass shader tutorials and ended up putting glass orbs into glass orbs to achieve something like a refraction within the glass. - but still i dont get to what i want to achieve. maybe someone could give me a hint...

glass_marble.jpg

best

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: glass marble shader
by on Apr 18, 2012 at 4:31:10 am

trying to copy the actual construction of a marble could help, it's colored glass and clear(er) glass kind of wound together with a clear coat on the outside. Here's a test that isn't exactly like your ref image (but that is photoshop) and the inner bit should be rounder edged not so sharp I think but for what it's worth...

3991_marbletrial.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Wolfgang SchwarzenbrunnerRe: glass marble shader
by on Apr 18, 2012 at 3:06:58 pm

wow thanks... that was fast. i just have problems opening your file (unknown file type). i guess its because i am working on r11... i m going to update to r13 and look at your file...

i also tried to "rebuild" a real marble - but i have troubles to get one of my glass shaders to appear like "solid glass" not just a thin hull...

best and thanks a lot!
wolfgang

Return to posts index

by on Apr 18, 2012 at 8:47:34 pm

I had trouble deciding from your reference pic whether it was the kind of marble I described or one that was all the same color with just a small transparent coating, if it's that you are thinking of then you need something slightly different I'll try that too later

Return to posts index

by on Apr 19, 2012 at 1:22:02 am

here's a try at the solid core with a clear coating marble

3996_marbletrial2.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]