MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

how do i use a delay effector (essentially spring) on a normal SRT animation?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
manojit ghose
how do i use a delay effector (essentially spring) on a normal SRT animation?
on Apr 17, 2012 at 9:51:23 am

hi everyone!

as the subject says, anyone knows a simpleway to do it...without xpresso (unless that's the only way)

thanks
m

MG

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: how do i use a delay effector (essentially spring) on a normal SRT animation?
on Apr 17, 2012 at 12:56:11 pm

Drop your animated object into a mograph>fracture object and apply the effector to the fracture object.

Return to posts index

manojit ghose
Re: how do i use a delay effector (essentially spring) on a normal SRT animation?
on Apr 17, 2012 at 1:03:21 pm

works! thanks a ton.

MG

Return to posts index

manojit ghose
on Apr 17, 2012 at 1:08:42 pm

okay however i am facing a adverse effect on my sound in the timeline now...

sound gets weird as soon as i drop a mograph generator (like fracture) or an effector such as delay...

i got the sound via an effector "sound" and called in the file and allowed it to play on timeline.

thanks
m.

MG

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Apr 17, 2012 at 1:18:27 pm

That's weird. Not sure what's going on there.

Return to posts index

manojit ghose
on Apr 17, 2012 at 1:20:06 pm

i tried out getting rid of generators/effectors.

and the culprit seems to be the fracture. once i get rid of it the sound is good again!

thanks
m

MG

Return to posts index

manojit ghose
on Apr 17, 2012 at 3:13:58 pm

one catch,

the object i am using this delay/spring is also used as a cloner object to assign those cylinders and spheres.

so when the fracture+delay effector work. it works on top of the animation. but i cant seem to get the position of my cloned objects adhere to the deformed parent object's vertices and edges.

any workarounds?

thanks
m.

MG

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Apr 17, 2012 at 10:25:59 pm

I'm not sure I understand. Can you post a scene, or at least a screenshot of your object manager?

Return to posts index

manojit ghose
on Apr 18, 2012 at 8:24:41 am

hi,

sure here is the file:
http://dl.dropbox.com/u/7646657/sphereMG_v01.03.rar

thanks
m

MG

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Apr 18, 2012 at 1:12:23 pm

Okay, I think the solution is to take the object you're using as a clone target out of the Fracture Object. It looks like the Fracture doesn't serve any purpose except to mess up the cloners.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]