MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Issue with axis on a baked mograph cache cloner

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig RickerIssue with axis on a baked mograph cache cloner
by on Apr 17, 2012 at 2:05:24 am

Ok so basically I have a cloner object with just 1 clone, so Im able to use it as a rigid body within a barrel (colider). The clone gets jumbled around when I spin the barrel. I then baked the mograph cache, and animated this clone coming out of the barrel by just animating the Cloner objects position and rotation.

Now what i'd like to do is have that cloner object and another polygon object rotate together with the rotation occuring in the middle of the cloner. If I put the cloner and the other polygon in a null that has its axis at the center of the world, I can rotate, but obviously around the center of the world. If I move the axis of that null, it moves the cloner object as well as the axis?

Is there a way to get around this? I'm not sure why it moves the cloner as well? Something to do with baked cache maybe?

Heres the project file 3988_barrel2.c4d.zip

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Issue with axis on a baked mograph cache cloner
by on Apr 17, 2012 at 4:33:39 am

[Craig Ricker] "Now what i'd like to do is have that cloner object and another polygon object rotate together with the rotation occurring in the middle of the cloner."

Not understanding this part (or maybe your intent). Do the two objects rotate together? Or together around a common center? Something else? One of the objects is a card with a prize judging by the textures that are missing, what is the second object going to be?

Return to posts index

Craig RickerRe: Issue with axis on a baked mograph cache cloner
by on Apr 17, 2012 at 4:38:00 am

Sorry yes I may not have been clear. The second object actually appears behind that card as you can see. It is a bevelled rectangle that with a texture that makes it appear as a gift card.

As you can see from its position it is directly behind where the winners card stops. I would like to rotate them around a common axis as you said. Basically so that the gift card is revealed. Its as if the gift card is attached to the back of that winners card.

Return to posts index

by on Apr 17, 2012 at 4:59:12 am

the two should move together in the barrel then. Make the gift card the child of the winners card then (ideally before you simulate/bake but you can do it after with a bit of lining up). They'll move together in the barrel and then when you animate the Cloner to take them out of the barrel will be the same, if I understand correctly the next step is to rotate to show the gift card, just do that by rotating the winner card (not the whole cloner) and the cards will both rotate together.

Return to posts index

Craig RickerRe: Issue with axis on a baked mograph cache cloner
by on Apr 17, 2012 at 5:20:50 am

Is there a way to copy the coordinates of one objects axis point to another objects axis point?

Return to posts index

by on Apr 17, 2012 at 2:25:03 pm

Transfer, in 13 it's in Tools/Arrange Objects

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]