MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Basic question about rotating around an objects axis and painting edge question

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Craig Ricker
Basic question about rotating around an objects axis and painting edge question
on Apr 13, 2012 at 2:35:26 am

Hi there,

Very new to Cinema 4d and 3d animation/modeling for that matter.
I made a cylinder, and gave it only 6 sides so it looks like a raffle barrel.

I put some knife slices in to make a hinged door on the barrel. I then split that face from teh rest of teh barrel and now i'd like to rotate that seperate face on its own axis. So i used the axis tool and moved it into place.

Now if I use the rotation tool (shortcut R) i can rotate as I desire. But i dont see any numbers changing in any of the coordinate positions? So i'm wondering how I keep track of the rotation.

If I rotate at the coordinate position, it rotates around the barrel as if I was rotating the barrel itself.

Not sure whats going on there, its like its still attached to the axis of the original cylinder (there is a UV tag, not sure what that is, next to both face and the cylinder)

2. I would liek to paint the edges of the cyclinder a different color to the faces, like add a noticeable edge. How do I do that?

Thanks for any help given!

Return to posts index

Brian Jones
Re: Basic question about rotating around an objects axis and painting edge question
on Apr 13, 2012 at 3:18:42 am

can you post the scene file?

Return to posts index

Craig Ricker
Re: Basic question about rotating around an objects axis and painting edge question
on Apr 13, 2012 at 3:52:23 am

3974_barrel.c4d.zip

heres the link to it

Return to posts index

Craig Ricker
on Apr 13, 2012 at 3:55:44 am

Ok disregard teh first question. Not sure what I was doing wrong, but its all working now!

So now I'd like to know about just how to paint the edges.

And any tips on putting some small planes in there, that get jumbled around as I spin the barrel.

As simple as just turn on collosion?

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]