MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

GoZ C4D Zbrush workflow

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Carlos Angeli
GoZ C4D Zbrush workflow
on Apr 9, 2012 at 9:50:26 pm

Hi,

I'm trying the GoZ plugin that integrates ("seamlessly") C4D and ZBrush but I'm not getting the hang of it.

My idea was to take some models I built in C4D, take them to ZBrush with GoZ and enhance details, bumps, etc. Also create normal and displacement maps. Then I want to bring them back to Cinema and render.

Does anyone know the correct workflow for this? I've been taking different approaches for this but I couldn't find much information about it. Thanks

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
Re: GoZ C4D Zbrush workflow
on Apr 10, 2012 at 3:38:24 am

It's pretty much a no brainer. Run the GoZ plugin in Cinema, do your sculpting and painting in ZBrush, generate displacement and texture maps, and then run the GoZ plugin in ZBrush. That should open the revised model in Cinema with the appropriate textures. Generally it's a good idea to change the displacement texture interpolation from the default MIP to Alias 1.

Return to posts index

Carlos Angeli
on Apr 10, 2012 at 9:41:10 am

Adam, I thought it was that simple too at first. However, I've read that you have to store a morph target in Zbrush before doing any modifications, or the displacement and normal maps won't apply correctly.

Also, I find confusing how many sublevels I'm supposed to use when creating the normal map in Zbrush. If I use the lowest level, I loose detail when going back to Cinema.

That's why I was looking for some information about this.

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Apr 10, 2012 at 3:37:41 pm

AFAIK you don't have to store a morph target in ZB before exporting, but you may want to if you want the geometry coming back from ZB to be exactly the same as the geometry you sent from Cinema.

As for the normal maps, I don't know why you'd lose detail ... except that of course a normal map can only do so much if you don't have enough geometry to support it.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]