MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Replace one object with another.

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Chris WoodReplace one object with another.
by on Apr 5, 2012 at 10:15:18 pm

Hello, I have made a star constellation using a series of spheres and cubes, exported into After Effects.

The problem is that I now realise I want them to be lights instead of Spheres, so that Optical Flares from After Effects can track them properly in the correct 3D space.

I was wondering how I can quickly replace a series of spheres (say, 10) with light objects, and have them replaced in the exact same place in that the Spheres were.

Finally, how would I then export this as 3D to chuck in to After Effects so that my Optical Flares plugin can track the lights.

Thank you!

- Chris

Return to posts index

David CabestanyRe: Replace one object with another.
by on Apr 5, 2012 at 11:55:33 pm

You can add the lights you want and copy the position and rotation of current elements.

Or put each object inside a null, then put a new light inside that null and reset the position of the light to 0,0,0, then turn off/hide the original object.

Sorry I'm no C4D expert, probably there's an easier/faster way.

In order to export the project to AE, you need to save it as an .aec file, on the render settings window, on the save tab, go to Compositing Project File.

Return to posts index

Tim ShetzRe: Replace one object with another.
by on Apr 6, 2012 at 12:21:23 am

There is a Transfer tool available. It allows you to transfer one object to another object's position, rotation and scale.

If you are using R13, it is under TOOLS>ARRANGE OBJECTS>TRANSFER

Select the object you want to transfer, then select the tool, then click on the object with the position and such you want to use. It won't delete the original object, but it will save you time from having to copy and paste all of those coordinates.

I seem to recall a plugin that enabled you to swap objects, just can't seem to find it.

Hope that helps.

Tim

Tim Shetz
c4dtraining.com

Return to posts index

Chris WoodRe: Replace one object with another.
by on Apr 6, 2012 at 2:21:12 am

Here's the plugin, it's called "SwapObject 1.45" But I can't find anywhere to download it. :(

Return to posts index

by on Apr 6, 2012 at 2:33:57 am

Yea, I couldn't find it either.

Hopefully the Transfer tool will at least make your life a little easier.

Tim

Tim Shetz
c4dtraining.com

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: Replace one object with another.
by on Apr 6, 2012 at 3:01:08 am

xs_yann has xsSwitch on his site. Not as powerful as SwapObject by the look of it (it won't copy animation) but it will replace a bunch of objects with another.

Return to posts index

by on Apr 6, 2012 at 3:04:00 am

Thanks Brian, that's the one I had seen more recently, just couldn't think of it.

Tim

Tim Shetz
c4dtraining.com

Return to posts index

Chris WoodRe: Replace one object with another.
by on Apr 6, 2012 at 12:33:51 pm

I'll give that a try, thank you!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]