MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Cinema 4d viewport problems

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Alex SinCinema 4d viewport problems
by on Apr 4, 2012 at 1:23:42 pm

I am making planets and sometimes(i have no idea why)i cant zoom close
enough and also this weird thing happens, when i rotate around the planets in the viewport although i have the object selected, sometimes
the view just goes all weird like when i use the rotate tool and rotate to the right for example it just moves sideways like a dolly its hard to explain im just starting in C4d so yeah..

Return to posts index

Bill KellyRe: Cinema 4d viewport problems
by on Apr 5, 2012 at 12:43:31 am

What version are you using? In R13 if you're holding down the alt/option key and wanting to rotate around a specific object, place your cursor directly on that object and you will be able to rotate around it. If you don't have your cursor placed on it, you will rotate around whatever object you do have the cursor on.

To see tutorials, articles, tips, free stuff, and more visit my post-production blog at http://thekellzone.com

Return to posts index

Jim ScottHow do you do that?
by on Apr 5, 2012 at 8:39:16 pm

Could you please explain how to do that Bill? I am a beginner with R13 too, and can't get the view to revolve around any object. Holding the opt/alt key does not seem to add any capability to moving the view.

Thanks

Return to posts index

Bill KellyRe: How do you do that?
by on Apr 5, 2012 at 8:47:08 pm

Hi Jim. If you want to revolve around a specific object in R13, place your cursor on the object. Then, hold down the alt/option key (on a Mac, not sure about PC but it's the standard key on the keyboard you hold down while navigating). With the key held down, left click and move your mouse in the direction you want to rotate the view. While you are rotating, the cursor will turn into a little "+" sign.

To see tutorials, articles, tips, free stuff, and more visit my post-production blog at http://thekellzone.com

Return to posts index

Jim ScottRe: How do you do that?
by on Apr 5, 2012 at 9:30:50 pm

Thanks Bill, but when I do as you describe I get the same result as holding down the 3 key - the object view rotates left or right away from the object, as if the camera is rotating from its center.

Return to posts index

Tim ShetzRe: How do you do that?
by on Apr 5, 2012 at 10:00:59 pm

In R13 you have options as to how it navigates.

In preferences under navigation, you can select various options.

From the help:

Cursor

The camera will rotate around the selected object point. If you click on an empty region of the scene, the camera will rotate around the screen center at the depth of the last defined POI. This is the recommended mode.

Center

The camera will rotate around the screen center. When approaching the POI, it can occur that the camera freezes in very close proximity of the POI (the POI does not move with the camera).

Object

The camera will roatet around the center of the selected objecs/elements. This reflects the navigation behavior prior to CINEMA 4D R13.

Camera

The camera will rotate around its own axis. It will rotate only and not move.

Hope that helps.

Tim

Tim Shetz
c4dtraining.com

Return to posts index

Jim ScottRe: How do you do that?
by on Apr 5, 2012 at 11:09:54 pm

Thanks Tim, that was exactly the help I needed. I do need to study the help files more.

Return to posts index

Tim ShetzRe: How do you do that?
by on Apr 5, 2012 at 11:25:32 pm

No problem. It's new in R13, so some people haven't come across it yet.

The help file for Cinema 4D is one of the best I've ever used. I can't honestly say that I've studied it that much, but when I've had a question, it can usually answer it.

Good luck and have fun!

Tim

Tim Shetz
c4dtraining.com

Return to posts index

Lillian YoungRe: How do you do that?
by on Oct 26, 2013 at 4:51:29 pm

I'd like to thank you also, Tim.

Return to posts index

Adrian StieglerRe: How do you do that?
by on Jan 12, 2016 at 12:55:30 am

Thanks Tim,

Im a noob to Cinema4D and in all the tutorials I could not figure out why I was unable to move around an object. This solved it! Cheers

Return to posts index

Pete CaveRe: Cinema 4d viewport problems
by on Aug 11, 2012 at 2:09:42 pm

It's been a while since you posted this, but for all guys like me who are still facin' this weird problem,
here's one possible solution.
Seems like this weird behaviour of the zoom/ camera-movement funktionality
as well as black viewports can be caused by some graphic driver updates.
In my case, those bugs appeared as I updated to the newest ATI-drivers.
Maybe a simple roll back of your drivers, like described might solve it.

http://www.ehow.com/how_8198854_roll-graphics-driver-windows-7.html

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]