MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Impossible to change material textures of a VUE object?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jiggy Gaton
Impossible to change material textures of a VUE object?
on Apr 3, 2012 at 11:14:21 am

Well, I just wanted to change a decal on a race car included on the VUE Xtras CD, and find it impossible. The material keeps reverting to one stored in the etc/temp/e-on directory. It's inexplicable! Can you help me? thx!!!

The underlying preview of the selected render (above) displays the material correctly.

Phoenix Studios Nepal: A small A/V Production House in Kathmandu.

Return to posts index

David Biederbeck
Re: Impossible to change material textures of a VUE object?
on Apr 4, 2012 at 4:12:15 am

Your easiest way around this is to save project with assets.
This will take the materials out of your directory and save them to a location on your HD. The image can be altered in PSD, or switched out.

Return to posts index

Jiggy Gaton
on Apr 4, 2012 at 4:39:28 am

Hi thx for the reply David, but of course I've done that (Save Project with Assets). The materials in the tex folder are not actually used during the render, as far as I can tell. It uses the stored materials in a temp folder where the names are always changing. It could be a VUE 10 bug, as I do this same thing with Interposer plug and have no problems whatsoever.

My solution thus far is to use the VUE objects to create new C4D polys, and apply the shader there. it works, but now I have lighting differences between the two parts - and I've checked, they are set up the same. The only difference is one is a VUE object, and the other is a host object. Perhaps this is some sorta strange Cornucopia DRM ploy. Arg!

Return to posts index

David Biederbeck
on Apr 4, 2012 at 4:56:43 am

Yeah, that is definitely the long way around it. No answers here.

I went to Nepal and trekked 7 years ago. I'd love to go back. How did you swing that gig?

Return to posts index

Jiggy Gaton
on Apr 4, 2012 at 5:05:50 am

Namaste again and thx again. I came to Nepal in 2001 for 3 month gig with Naropa University, and never left. Been here ever since. Have done a fair bit of trekking but prefer Royal Enfield rides. We are going to Pokhora next week - one of my favorite places on earth! Cheers...
jigs

Return to posts index

Adam Trachtenberg
on Apr 4, 2012 at 11:15:33 am

Is this VUE xStream or standalone? If the former it's probably maintaining a link with the file.

In any case, I've never used a VUE product that wasn't absolutely riddled with bugs.

Return to posts index

Jiggy Gaton
on Apr 4, 2012 at 2:07:34 pm

ha, so true Adam! Been trying to use since V6, and I am using V10 Xstream today. I think they finally built a stable version (not nearly as many hangs as in (9/9.5). For atmospheres- environments - terrains (plants rocks water) it's great, but for cornucopia object content, well, I better get some sleep first. I am working on an extension of this tutorial: http://library.creativecow.net/articles/gaton_jiggy/c4d_poser_vue_integrati..., and hopefully will get an answer from E-On soon so I can explain this process (replacing shaders with your own)...cheers!

ps. If you want to try at home, I am just trying to replace the decals on the ferrari panels found in the file at /Scenes/Showcase/12_Product Showcase.vue on the Xtras DVD.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]