MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

Combination of Fracture Object and Cloner Object?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Jake Nelson-DooleyCombination of Fracture Object and Cloner Object?
by on Mar 23, 2012 at 12:25:41 pm

I have a couple dozen individual icons (splines w/ extrude nurbs). I need to duplicate each icon several times, varying size and color, which the Cloner Object is perfect for, however, I'll need to arrange all the icons into a larger shape, almost like puzzle pieces.

Is there a way to use the Cloner Object but retain the ability to manually position the clones? I know I could clone using Object Mode, but that seems like it might make it hard to arrange the individual clones (the arrangement is very tight and graphical)

Any suggestions much appreciated,

Return to posts index

Adam TrachtenbergRe: Combination of Fracture Object and Cloner Object?
by on Mar 23, 2012 at 3:06:22 pm

You may be able to use a Cloner, depending on the specifica of what you're trying to do. All you have to do is drop all the objects in a cloner and uncheck the Cloner's Object>Fix Clone box. Then set the number of clones to the number of objects you have. That will maintain their original position.

The limitation, however, is that all the clones now have the effective position of the cloner, i.e. they all have the same position as far as Mograph is concerned. That means you can't use effectors with falloff because the falloff will influence all the clones equally and at the same time.

Return to posts index

Jake Nelson-DooleyRe: Combination of Fracture Object and Cloner Object?
by on Mar 23, 2012 at 3:54:48 pm

News to me. Thanks Adam!

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]