MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

growing a branching structure?

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
sergio juyakgrowing a branching structure?
by on Mar 18, 2012 at 10:08:16 am

hello, i'm trying to do a sequence where I have a line that grows and starts to branch, sort of in the manner of a tree or vine. I'm using a nurbs sweep on some simple splines and ran into the problem of having some smaller branches growing into being before their 'parent' branches had reached them. I solved this by tracing each twig back to the primary root, but this is pretty tedious and might not be feasible for the much larger ad more complex structure i hope to create. Also, the animation doesn't have as much of a 'growing' feel as much as a 'drawing' feel which i think is because the sub branches do not slide down their parent branches as the parent branches grow in length.

I'm wondering if anyone has tackled this sort of issue before, or if there are any tutorials or tools I should look at. I'm still a bit of a noob at this program.

here's a pic of a test i did.. i pulled the splines out of the sweep to show how they all have to start at the root.

Return to posts index

Brian JonesRe: growing a branching structure?
by on Mar 18, 2012 at 5:38:24 pm

plugins typically have that sort of functionality. I think Mospline's Turtle function can do exactly that but your shape would take some knowledge. The Help has enough info but it's not a trivial learning curve.

Return to posts index

sergio juyakRe: growing a branching structure?
by on Mar 21, 2012 at 8:15:29 am

thanks Brian! didn't even think of that.

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2016 All Rights Reserved