MAXON CINEMA 4D: Cinema 4D Forum Adobe After Effects Forum

modeling dynamics liquid issue

COW Forums : Maxon Cinema 4D

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
Emmet Reddymodeling dynamics liquid issue
by on Mar 14, 2012 at 9:32:29 pm

Hi Guys im working on an animation that will involve a salt sellar and a vinegar bottle, characters with mouths they will chat to each other i can manage this. they will have very minimal body or container movement. i would like the contents ie the salt and the vinegar to have some interaction when they move. just very slight movements, i thought of realflow for the vinegar but i dont know it very well, can anybody suggest a way i could get the salt and vinegar to interact with the bottle they are in, ie the vinegar and the salt both have two containers the outside one is glass material and the inside one is salt for the salt cellar and vinegar liquid material for the vinegar bottle. any suggestions is appreciated.
Thanks Emmet

Return to posts index

randy johnsonRe: modeling dynamics liquid issue
by on Mar 15, 2012 at 10:49:21 am

Grains like salt and sand are extremely difficult to get right. I would look at faking it with a quality material on a cloth plane or soft body. And then have a few particles emit and die on top.

If your vinegar is not going to slop around, just react to movement again I think a cloth plane will get you there.

/randy

Return to posts index

Emmet ReddyRe: modeling dynamics liquid issue
by on Mar 15, 2012 at 11:52:44 am

Cheers Randy i will give the cloth plane a go. Thanks Emmet

Return to posts index

by on Mar 19, 2012 at 11:00:02 am

I completely forgot about the base 80 solution I saw was pointed out on the cafe....
it would be nice to see you results.

/Randy

Return to posts index

Emmet ReddyRe: modeling dynamics liquid issue
by on Mar 19, 2012 at 12:02:16 pm

When i get round to finishing it i will send it on. Im maybe thinking of just using some morph targets to make slight moves on the liquid and the salt.

Return to posts index

by on Mar 19, 2012 at 12:37:51 pm

Might be worth the time to try an animated displacement material.
/Randy

Return to posts index

<< PREVIOUS   •   VIEW ALL   •   PRINT   •   NEXT >>
© 2017 CreativeCOW.net All Rights Reserved
[TOP]